Please be advised that Mexican President Felipe Calderon sent to Congress
Dear Clients and Friends:
Please be advised that Mexican President Felipe Calderon sent to Congress a bill that would reform the Federal Labor Law. Some of the highlights of the contemplated reform include:
1) Promotion based on productivity and not seniority;
2) Limitation on back salaries to six months and no longer indefinite;
3) No mandatory reinstatement for employees with less than three years on the job;
4) Sanctions for sexual harassment;
5) Hiring of those under 14 years of age would typically be a crime;
6) Use of technological equipment and data would be allowed as evidence in labor trials;
7) Unions would be obligated to disclose financial data to their members.
President Calderon submitted the legislation under a law, passed during his administration, that lets the President propose two priority bills at the start of each Congressional session and requires lawmakers to vote on them within 30 days. Political analysts are confident that the labor bill will pass in the next few weeks.
In the event you wish to know more of this important topic Ernesto Velarde would be delighted to speak to any group that requests it. For more information on setting up a seminar on this important matter, please contact Adriana Contreras at (956) 548-9098 or at email@example.com
Ernesto Velarde Danache, Inc
Ernesto Velarde Danache, Inc.
Mexican & International Lawyers
1650 Paredes Line Road, Suite 101
Brownsville, Texas 78521
Tel: (956) 548-9098
Fax: (956) 548-1656