Important News: IMMEX changes
Dear Clients and Friends:
Please be advised that on January 6, 2016, the Mexican Federal Government published in the Official Gazette of the Federation, the Decree that amends several provisions of the Promotion of the Manufacturing, Maquiladora and Exportation Services Industry Decree (IMMEX), which among other matters deal with the following:
- Terms with respect to the stay of merchandise concerning sensitive goods.
- Guarantee methods that protect the fulfillment of the obligations with respect to the temporary importations of sensitive goods.
- Exceptions concerning the goods detailed in ANNEX II of the IMMEX Decree for IMMEX Service Companies.
- Additional requirements to obtain the IMMEX License, among which include the following:
- Information concerning the blueprints of the facilities (plants), location and photographs of the premises in which the operations take place;
- Description of the amount of investment to be made in real estate, machinery and equipment;
- Number of people hired or to be hired directly or indirectly;
- Estimated Value or total importations to be carried out during the period of two years, in its case;
- Volume or estimated value of the production or service to be performed during the period of 2 years;
- Investment program schedule.
Please be advised that the provisions of the corresponding decree will be in effect 30 calendar days as of its publication in the Official Gazette of the Federation.
For further reference please go to http://dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5422211&fecha=06/01/2016 to view the Spanish version of said decree.
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments and/or if our legal assistance is needed with respect to these important IMMEX changes.
Ernesto Velarde Danache, Inc.